This is an easy recipe that yields a fantastic, flaky mushroom dish. I adopted the recipe found here for this one:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to directions on the box
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp minced red (or yellow) onion
- 4 oz button or mini bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dry herbes de Provence
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Sautee mushrooms, onions, and herbs in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until cooked through (after mushrooms have released their liquid). Remove from heat and add cream cheese, salt and pepper, and chopped bacon. Mix thoroughly.
Unfold puff pastry and place it in tart pan. Fill with mushroom filling, spreading evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until brown and crispy. Let set for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!