I found this recipe (she calls it Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie) here:
Here’s what I used and how I made it.
- 1 (10-inch) whole grain tortilla (large size)
- 2 chicken breasts, poached or cooked whatever way you prefer
- (optional) 1/3 cup drained jarred pickled jalapeños, minced fine
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used part low-fat, part regular)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Grease 9-inch pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle chicken, cheese and jalapenos (if using) on top of tortilla.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt/pepper in bowl until smooth. Slowly pour over filling. Bake about 20 minutes, until surface is golden brown and when knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
I used the jalapeno, but not too many because I like things just a little hot. This recipe can tolerate other additions, if you wanted to add some sautéed onions and peppers, or mushrooms, by all means, add away. Enjoy!