This is/was a Pillsbury recipe, not mine, and originally called for the Pillsbury refrigerator bread sticks. However the last couple times I’ve gone to make this recipe, I haven’t been able to find those, so I’ve substituted with the regular, run-of-the-mill refrigerator biscuits. Truth be told, I buy the generic, store-brand ones for like 60 cents, and they work just fine. Since the recipe has turned out well, so I made this substitution in this recipe.
- 1 (15 oz) cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 6 oz. chicken tenders (or breasts) cooked, cooled and cut into chunks
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits, cut into quarters
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
In large bowl, mix beans, tomatoes, chicken, vinegar and Italian seasoning. Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters; if you have kitchen shears or scissors, they work well for this task, otherwise, a knife works too. Stir cut biscuits into mixture until combined. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, and spoon entire mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees, until bubbly and cheese is melted.