I think this recipe was originally published by Campbell’s Soup. I’m not claiming to have created this recipe, I originally got it from my friend, Sheila (maybe a million years ago). I think she and I have made it at least a hundred times!
This is an easy, go-to recipe. It’s not only easy to assemble and bake, but it’s easy to have the components on hand, for whenever you want to make it.
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of potato soup (honestly, I’ve made this recipe with almost any cream soup-take your pick)
- 1 c. milk (skim is fine)
- 2 c. cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower vegetables, thawed
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (reduced fat is fine)
- 1-6oz container French Fried Onions
- 1 c. uncooked, whole-grained pasta of your choice: cooked to al dente
Combine soup, milk, chicken, veggies, half of the cheese, half of the french fried onions, and cooked pasta.
Uncover dish, sprinkle remaining cheese and french fried onions, and cook another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and top is browned.