This recipe I came up with after (knowing MANY Spinach-Artichoke dip recipes and)reading Paula Deen’s: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/hot-spinach-artichoke-dip-recipe/index.html
I revised mine, and this is what I came up with.
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach (10 oz), thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can artichoke hearts (whichever is cheapest), drained and chopped fine
- 1 onion, minced fine
- 1/4 c. mayonaisse (reduced-fat)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (reduced fat)
- 1/4 c. Romano cheese (can use Parmesan)
- 1 envelope Knorr Vegetable soup mix
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
Heat small skillet with 2 t. olive oil, and cook onion until translucent. Turn heat off when cooked, and add 4 oz cream cheese to soften; mix. Combine spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, onion/cream cheese mixture, Romano cheese, mayo, dry soup mix, and salt and peper to taste. Put mixture into small, oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle grated Swiss cheese on top.
At this point, you can cover the dish and refrigerate until needed, if making in advance.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted and bubbly.